Tuesday 13 September 2011

Trains

 

My passengers had to get to Norwich.

There was a train that left from Sheffield Railway Station that went straight there and would have been ideal, but for two people the cost was close to £100.

I was travelling down into the East Midlands and by going down the Great North Road the A1 and then dropping them off at Peterborough there was a train that could take them to Norwich for only £20 for the two of them.

So we did that.

I heard today on the radio just a few moments ago that the train service in England is a rich man’s toy.

It is so true.

What a terrible shame.

What I found amusing as I checked the prices of these trains on the internet was how the trains with more stops and changes were more expensive than the train that went directly to Norwich Station. Seems the poor old passengers have to pay for the inconvenience of getting on and off trains and waiting on windy platforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment