Tuesday 27 September 2011

The Eighth Deadly Sin

 

I’m perfectly happy.

I’m enjoying the occasional windfalls like the gift of a bag of apples and some small gnarly looking potatoes for the great treasures that they are.

I’m loving the sunshine, the salmon pink hollyhock and the peacefulness of my house.

I ‘ve just enjoyed home made carrot and coriander soup. (I even grew the coriander myself from seed. Oh, it was organic seed too. From Duchy seeds.)

I’ve a few cherry tomatoes ripening outside.

All is well.

I am at peace with the world.

Except there’s one tiny little thing that’s troubling me…

I’m worried about being smug.

Worse than that I’m worried that my smiles of delight will be taken for looks of smugness.

Oh hang it!

I can’t help it!

I shall embrace this eighth deadly sin.

Today I am merrily, deliciously smug!

 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment