Thursday 14 July 2011

I hate the dog next door.

 

I hate the small yappy dog next door.

The other night it was left outside all night.

All night it barked.

When I looked out of the window, at three in the morning, it was in my elderly neighbour’s garden and barking at a cat. Then it jumped the low wall into my garden, and the annoyed cat yowled as it was chased away, but still the dog’s yapping continued.

Unable to sleep at four in the morning, I made a cup of tea and walked the length of my garden. The dog jumped the wall back into its own domain. It was the time of the dawn chorus but this was ruined by the dog’s yapping.

Even as I’m typing this it is yapping, small insistent yaps enough to set nerves on edge.

When they recovered this dog after the last time it was lost its owners kept it on a long tether and I was cheered by this, but now they don’t bother any more and the dog is again allowed to trespass freely.

Is it too unkind to hope that the heavy dangling branch from the overhanging tree should fall and squish it flat?

No comments:

Post a Comment