Tuesday 11 September 2012

If I get Lost it’s Andy Murray’s Fault!

 

Can't believe how blue the sky is after yesterday's gloomy clouds. Hopefully it will be a good day for travelling.

A carapace of items is waiting to be packed into the car. All that is needed to sustain life. Things like rice cookers, bicycle locks and a jar of Marmite.

Now I am really grateful the the exhaust fell off when it did, on a long trip like today's that would have been disastrous. I am hoping that the garage has done a good job. When the exhaust last fell off in Ireland many years ago and I went to the Kwik Fit garage in Dundalk to get it fixed, it fell off twice afterwards. Perhaps it was because I was English. Or perhaps I was just very unlucky. Irish sheep in remote rural areas still bleat about that day when a car like a grounded rocket disturbed their munching of wet grass.

Hopefully it won't fall off this time and disturb any English sheep.

The only trouble is that the youngun was up until two-thirty listening to the American tennis open. Andy Murray may well be the reason that we will set off late. Looks like my navigator will soon be fast asleep, once the car is packed and we finally hit the road.

 

1-2012-03-13 Burrough on the Hill3

No comments:

Post a Comment