Tuesday 19 April 2011

Stepping Daintily

 

The alarming rash has at last gone.

Each goose bump for just over a week was red, inflamed and itchy.

It had to have been an allergic reaction to something outside in the garden, and I had felt something in my hair just before the redness appeared.

I think it might have been a spider.

A spider that bit.

There are black spiders that guard the stone edges of the pond. They move with an unnerving quick action. I’m guessing it was one of those, so now I’m wary of them as I peer into the pond to watch the tadpoles.

When one spider approached too close yesterday I blew it away. It landed on the top of the pond water and yet still stepped off this surface as daintily and effortlessly as if it was on dry land.

I’m pretty sure it was a spider. A spider that got lost in my hair and then when I tried to oust it retaliated by biting.

It is so nice to have my smooth skin once more.

I didn’t treat the rash with any doctor’s prescription or anti-histamines, having faith that given time the body can heal itself .

And this it has proved able to do.

A friend gave me a mug the other night, which when I drank from it revealed a spider just beneath the rim. It was just a picture, but I did begin to itch.

“Don’t you like spiders?” she asked.

“No,” I  answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment