Thursday 26 July 2007

The Great Fast Day 3


All is going well with the fast.
Though I was woken at 5:30 with a terrible pain. near my heart. Fearing a heart attack I scurried feebly downstairs and found an aspirin to take. Then I trawled through the Internet pages comparing my symptoms with the real thing.

The pain has long since gone, and I’ve put the sudden pain down to the recent stomach bug I’ve just had, and not to anything more serious. I’m determined to go on with the fast. According to one web site I visited a fast is good for heart problems and can help with numerous other ailments too from high blood pressure to psoriasis. I had no idea I was treating myself to a cure all!

In the afternoon, I crawled from under my duvet to do more yoga. This involves very gentle movement with the the highlight being the chance to scare the paint from off the walls with my ‘lion’ impersonation. An expression which could come in handy if ever I'm faced with the real thing.

The teenager oblivious to all of the above secret activity calls for my help to make mouth watering delicious chocolate crunchies. So far I’ve no desire to eat one myself. Though I did have to hide them quickly in the fridge, and shut the kitchen door very quickly. I must admit that I have spent the afternoon breathing in every molecule of chocolate that became airborne under the pretence of deep yoga breathing.

The teenager happily chomps on chocolate crunchies as he treats me to the next instalment of Harry Potter.

As the rain continues to fall outside, we are cocooned in our damp and fusty home, and all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment