Monday 30 July 2007

Days six and seven of the Great Fast




‘Come and sit with,’ me implores the teenager as he tucks into the dinner I’ve just cooked for him. ‘This is yummy,’ he says as he scrapes forkfuls off the plate. ‘Really tasty,’ he says as I follow each fork from plate to mouth like a slavering dog. ‘Delicious!’

I am sooooo hungry! And really, really tired. I’ve been under the duvet much of the day clutching hot water bottles. I’ve not been able to speak properly either. I was unable to say the word ‘availability’ today. I guess my brain cells are starving and require fud!

So I guess tonight the Great Fast must end. I’ve raided the cupboards in search of edibles and have found yoghurt that has to be eaten tonight! That seems a good choice to begin with.

The Great Fast has been a success. I have lost several elephant dress sizes I think. The weighing scales are very unresponsive to the new me. It is used to zooming up to the higher reaches and now seems bewildered that it has to stop at lower digits. It zooms past my present weight and then reluctantly descends to where it thinks I now am.

I’ve lost 9 pounds in seven days.

Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment